|Assistant Professor of Operations Research
Associate Director, Centre for Healthcare Engineering (CHE)
Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering
Email: sarhangian AT mie DOT utoronto DOT ca
Data-driven stochastic modelling and control; queueing theory; service and healthcare operations.
MIE 1605H: Stochastic Processes (Fall 2019)
MIE 360H: System Modelling and Simulation (Fall 2019)
MIE 1613H: Stochastic Simulation (Winter 2018)
- Working papers
- C. W. Chan, M. Huang, V. Sarhangian, Dynamic server assignment in multiclass queues with shifts, with application to nurse staffing in emergency departments.
- P. Afeche, V. Sarhangian, Rational abandonment from priority queues: equilibrium strategy and pricing implications.
- Published papers
- V. Sarhangian, H. Abouee-Mehrizi, O. Baron, O. Berman, Threshold-based allocation policies for inventory management of red blood cells, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 2017.
- V. Sarhangian, H. Abouee‐Mehrizi, O. Baron, O. Berman, N. M. Heddle, R. Barty, Reducing the age of transfused red blood cells in hospitals: ordering and allocation policies, Vox sanguinis, 2016.
- V. Sarhangian, B. Balciog̃lu, A first passage time problem for spectrally positive Lévy processes and its application to a dynamic priority queue, Operations Research Letters, 2013.
- V. Sarhangian, B. Balciog̃lu, Waiting time analysis of multi-class queues with impatient customers, Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences, 2013.
- Reviewer for journals: Operations Research, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Stochastic Models, Decision Sciences, Production and Operations Management, Service Science
- Professional Memberships: CORS, INFORMS, POMS